* Use promo code CAMDEN for 10% off your Glam Seamless order.
I’ve been letting my roots grow out for a while now–especially on the bottom layer. Because of this, my platinum extensions were no longer fitting the bill. I figured I could dye the roots to blend them, but when I tried, the results were catastrophic. They pretty much curled up into a ball and died. After the funeral, I began my search for quality clip-in extensions that would already be ombred to my liking. While there are tons of stores out there with single colored extensions, it was nearly impossible for me to find what I was looking for. After vigorous research, and I mean vigorous, I’m super picky, I found Glam Seamless.
While they have a huge selection of amazing tape-in extensions, they also have some wonderful clip-in extensions. After I rounded up companies that made ombre clip-ins, I compared traits such as price, total grams of hair, length, quality, and type of hair. Glam Seamless came out on top, so I actually reached out to them to try their product–and I’m so happy I did.
The first extensions I ever used were from a local beauty supply store. I loved them then, but had no idea how much better extensions could be. Here are some of the things I love about Glam Seamless.
Glam Seamless Clip-in Hair Extension Review:
- They use 100% Premium Remy Human Hair–which means you can do anything you do to your normal hair with it, except for bleaching it. (My first extensions had a synthetic blend, so they never lasted very long.)
- The wefts are double drawn, so they are very thick. (Probably 3 times thicker than my first set in high school.)
- They give you 170 grams (compared to my first set that was only 80 grams, that’s amazing!)
- The customer service is excellent and shipping is fast.
- The hair is thick top to bottom.
- The ends taper off naturally, so you don’t have obvious blunt ends
The only thing I needed to do was use my toning shampoo on the extensions to get a perfect match since my hair is heavily toned. I use Fudge Clean Blonde Toning Shampoo, it’s amazing. To tone the extensions, I simply added about a tablespoon of the shampoo to a large bowl full of water. I made sure to mix it all in. Then, I got each extension wet in plain water, before dipping it in the mixture. It only takes a couple of seconds in the mixture to tone the hair. I then deep conditioned them since that shampoo, while effective, is very drying. The results were perfect. I have since worn them several times and have never been disappointed.
The only thing I noticed is that these extensions photograph much darker than they actually are. The “chestnut brown” is a dark strawberry blonde color, I’d say it might even a tad bit lighter than the picture I took below.
For more information, and to see them in action, check out my video review. Overall, I definitely recommend Glam Seamless. And if you’re looking for tape-ins, their ombre options can’t be beat. For 10% off your purchase from them, use promo code: CAMDEN